1. How did Bob go to Shanghai last week?
A. B. C.
2. Where will we go for the coming holiday?
A. B. C.
3. What kind of animal are they talking about?
A. B. C.
4. Where would Sam like to go?
A. B. C.
5. Where can the woman be?
A. At a library. B. At the doctor’s. C. At a bookshop.
6. How often does Jack work on his Happy and Happy?
A. Never. B. Once a week. C. Every day.
7. Where was Ann last night?
A. At home. B. At school. C. In the cinema.
8. What’s the relationship (关系) between the two speakers?
A. Teacher and student. B. Father and daughter. C. Husband and wife.
9. When did William begin to skate?
A. Four years ago. B. Five years ago. C. Six years ago.
10. Why didn’t Cindy come to Lily’s birthday party?
A. Because she was ill.
B. Because Lily didn’t invite her.
C. Because she forgot it.
11. Where did the fire happen?
A. At a school. B. At a hotel. C. At a shop.
12. Who was hurt?
A. Some studen ts. B. No one. C. Many people.
New Year’s party invitation card
Time This 13 afternoon, from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
People Some of Maria’s classmates and 14 .
Activities Dance; Sing English songs; Have afternoon tea in the 15 .
Address No. 6 New Street.
Transportation Bus No. 48 or No. 10.
13. A. Saturday B. Sunday C. Friday
14. A. friends B. teachers C. parents
15. A. classroom B. office C. garden
16. When did this happen?
A. One evening. B. One night. C. One morning.
17. How many persons were there in the room when someone was knocking at the door?
A. One person. B. Two persons. C. Three persons.
18. What did the young man wear?
A. A white shirt. B. Long trousers. C. A pair of glasses.
19. Who was the young man?
A. A friend of the wri宝宝癫痫病怎么治ter’s.
B. A friend of the writer’s brother’s.
C. A strange man to them.
20. What might be the end of the story?
A. The young man was taken away by the police.
B. The young man became their friend.
C. The young man ran away.
21.There will be ______one-hour documentary tonight on TV. It tells a story of ______honest boy in the mountain village far away.
A. a, a B. /, a C. an, a D. a, an
22. We must be strict ourselves and be strict our work.
A. in, with B. with, in C. in, in D. with, with
23. Could you give me ________ to explain this to my students?
A. five more minutes B. more five minutes
C. another five minute D. five another minutes
24. After running a 1000-metre race, he was________.
A. out of breathe B. breathed heavily
C. took a deep breath D. out of breath
25.—Your spoken English is all very good. How do you improve it?
—Thanks. Mrs. Wang always ask us to __________ dialogues in our English classes.
A. take up B. turn up C. make up D. end up
26. —When shall we go to watch the football match in the sports centre?
—Not until my task_________.
A. will be completed B. is completed
C. will complete D. completes
27. Andy loves playing the piano. He _________ the piano after school very often.
A. is heard play B. is heard to play C. hears playing D. hears play
28. The _______ girl is good at bringing some wild animals ________ on screen.
A.lively;lively B. alive; lively C. alive;alive D. lively;alive
29. Gong Li won an Oscar______ Best Actress ______ her role in this film.
A. of, for, B. for, of C. for, for D. of , of
30. My father joined the army in _________ when he was in ________ .
A. 1960s, twenties B. the 1960s, his twentieth
C. 1960, his twenties D. 1960s, the twenties
31. —We have never been to America, What about Jeff?
—____________. He hopes to visit it some day.
A. So does he B. Neither does he C. So has he D. Neither has he
32. — Thank you for sharing your ruler with me.
— . That’s what friends are for.
A. Don’t mention it B. It doesn’t matter
C. Never mind D. All right
33. Jimmy was charged __________ murder. Also he was 中医能治癫痫吗guilty ___________theft.
A. on, of B. with, about C. with, of D. about, of
34. —Who was knocking at the door just now?
—_________was my cousin.
A. He B. She C. They D. It
35. The cave ___________ “ the Art Palace of Nature ”.
A. is thought B. is set C. is praised for D. is praised as
36. —What about yesterday's dragon dance?
—Oh，it's one I've ever seen.
A. a most wonderful B. a more wonderful
C. the most wonderful D. more wonderful
37. I think they are easy to ________________.
A. get on well with B. get on well
C. get on well with him D. get on well with them
38. —Let’s go fishing if it _________________ this weekend.
—But nobody knows if it _______________________.
A. is fine; will rain B. will be fine; rains
C. is fine; rains D. will be fine ;will rain
39. If som eone is in your way, you should say “_______” and be polite enough to wait till he or she moves.
A. Excuse me B. I’m sorry C. Thank you D. Never mind
40. The interviewer asked Mr. Johns____________________________.
A. where was the victim brought B. if did the murderer use a gun
C. how many crimes had he solved D. why he became a detective
I used to have little passion (激情) in my life. But what happened the other day changed my mind. It was then that I learned how 41 it is to have a passion in life.
That day I went home in Mom’s car. When Mom 42 at a red light, someone on the side of the road caught my eye. It was a man dressed 43 rags(破旧衣服). He was homeless. That didn’t interest me, 44 I had seen many people like him before. Those people usually looked unhappy and hopeless. But this man was 45 in some way. He was not sitting down with a 46 expression. Instead, he had a 47 in his hand and was dancing happily to the music. The radio seemed to be the most precious thing he had. “Mom, why does that man have a radio though he’s 48 ?” I asked
“He 49 it,” she replied.
“But why doesn’t he use the money to buy food or clothes? He 50 something that he didn’t need.” “Well, Sarah, sometimes food and clothes aren’t the most important”
That man must care so 51 about music that he bought a radio instead of food or clothes. I soon realized that 52 is the key to life.
Since then, I am always thinking of 53 is truly important in life. A home, a meal治癫痫病什么医院好, clothes — these things are only 54 of the life. What we often forget is that we all need a joy, a light in a 55 day. We all need a passion which gives a person the happiness they need to keep going.
41. A. important B. strange C. dangerous D. difficult
42. A. exercised B. walked C. stood D. stopped
43. A. on B. in C. at D. of
44. A. but B. and C. so D. because
45. A. common B. polite C. different D. rude
46. A. nervous B. sad C. mad D. happy
47. A. hat B. phone C. radio D. scarf
48. A. hopeless B. homeless C. careless D. useless
49. A. bought B. made C. fixed D. borrowed
50. A. asked for B. waited for C. paid for D. looked for
51. A. little B. much C. many D. few
52. A. happiness B. health C. knowledge D. friendship
53. A. what B. who C. where D. when
54. A. power B. purpose C. key D. part
55 .A. warm B. hot C. dark D. relaxing
The Sydney Opera House is a very famous building in the world. It has become Sydney’s best-known landmark and international symbol. The Opera House with a “sailing roof” was designed by a famous Danish architect (丹麦建筑师), Utzon. The base for the building was started in 1959, years before the designs were finished. Utzon spent four years designing the Opera House. In 1962, the designs were finalized (定稿) and the construction began. In 1967，they started the decoration inside. It took 14 years in total to build the Opera House. Queen Elizabeth II officially opened it on October 20th, 1973.
The Sydney Opera House cost around $100 million and was paid for by the public. 6,225 square meters of glass was used to build it. The Opera House includes 1,000 rooms. It is 185 meters long and 120 meters wide. The building’s roof sections weigh about 15 tons. Each year, this fantastic building attracts 200,000 tourists to come for a visit or enjoy events in it.
The Opera House reaches out into the harbor (港湾). It is amazing and unforgettable, offering people a strong sense of beauty.
56. The designer of the Sydney Opera House was from _______.
A. America B. Australia C. England D. Denmark
57. Building the Sydney Opera House lasted _______.
A. from 1959 to 1967 B. from 1962 to 1973
C. from 1959 to 1973 D. from 1962 to 1967
58. The underlined word “construction” means _______in Chinese.
A.创立 B. 施工 C.设计 D.竣工
睡眠性癫痫发作的症状是什么> 59. _______ paid for the cost of the building of the Sydney Opera House.
A. Utzon B. The government C. Queen Elizabeth II D. The public
60. Which is the best title for the passage?
A. Sailing Roof B. The Sydney Opera House
C. Travelling in Sydney D. The Opening of the Opera House
Twenty years ago, I drove a taxi for a living. One time in the middle of the night, an old lady in her 80s took my taxi. She gave me an address, and then asked, "Could you drive through downtown?"
"It's not the shortest way," I answered quickly.
"Oh, I don't mind," she said. "I'm in no hurry. I'm on my way to a hospice (临终关怀医院).I don't have any family left. The doctor says I don't have very long."
I quietly shut off the meter. "What route would you like me to take?" I asked. For the next two hours, we drove through the city. She showed me the building where she had once worked, the neighborhood where she and her husband had lived, the place where she danced as a girl. As the sun was risin g, she asked me to go to the address she had given me.
"How much do I owe you?" she asked, reaching into her purse.
"Nothing," I said.
"You have to make a living," she answered.
"There are other passengers."
“You gave an old woman a little moment of joy," she said. "Thank you."
I drove into the fine morning light. Behind me, a door shut. It was the sound of the closing of a life. I drove aimlessly(漫无目的地), lost in thought. For the rest of that day, I could hardly talk. What if that woman had gotten an angry driver, or one who was impatient to end his shift? What if I had refused to take the run?
61. What did the writer do?
A. A doctor B. A passenger C. A worker D. A driver
62. What did the woman want to do that night?
A. She wanted to go through the city. B. She wanted to see her husband.
C. She wanted to take a taxi. D. She wanted to talk with the driver.
63. How was the old woman at that time?
A. She was fine. B. She was strong.
C. She was dying. D. She was healthy.
64. How long did the journey take?
A. About one hour. B. About two hours
C. About three hours. D. About four hours.
65. How did the old woman feel in the end, according to the story?
A. She was very angry. B. She was very upset.
C. She was very thankful. D. She was not satisfied.